**Official 2008 SharpChip Sweepstakes Rules**
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IN ANY WAY INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The SharpChip Consulting Testimonial Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time on July 22, 2008 and ends on 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on August 15, 2008 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter Sweepstakes, logon to the website http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=eVYcDrb1zgwfZOxIIXnqeg_3d_3d , or other official sweepstakes entrant application locations, to enter your testimonial for the Sweepstakes entry. The first time entrant accesses the website to enter the Sweepstakes, entrant will be required to create an account to become a registered subscriber of “ScrubPro News”. Each entrant must be a registered user of “ScrubPro News”, and complete the Testimonial survey. Each entrant’s account must contain first name, last name, e-mail address, and all of the survey questions. Optional information may also be collected. Those unable to enter online may contact SharpChip, Inc. for a alternative entry form. Creating an account does not automatically enter entrant into the Sweepstakes, and all information must be provided on a SharpChip Sweepstakes entry to be eligible to win. Once entrant completes the online survey, entrant will be entered with one standard entry (“Standard Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. All eligible entries, regardless of Promotion Code, will be entered for a chance to win. All entries for the grand prize must be received by Friday, August 15, 2008, 11:59 PM. You can get four (4) additional entries (“Additional Entries”) by registering for, or already being a subscriber of our “Preferred Client Email Notice List” by Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM. Limit five (5) entries per person, per e-mail address (1 Standard Entry per person per sweepstakes, 4 additional entries for those that meet the Additional Entries requirements). Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the entrant’s entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsors, as hereinafter defined, with proof that the potential winner is the account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsors’ satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries become the property of the Sponsors. Void where prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada excluding Rhode Island (Rhode Island residents not eligible), twenty-one (21) years of age and older as of July 29th, 2008, and an owner, contractor, or be employed by a business in the commercial or residential cleaning or restoration industry. Employees of SharpChip, Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and their respective parent companies, sales representatives, distributors, directors, officers, governors, owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families and/or household members of each of the above are not eligible to enter.
3. DRAWINGS: A random drawing for one (1) grand prize winner will be conducted beginning on or about Friday, August 22, 2008 and will be conducted and supervised by Sponsors, or its designee, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail, and/or overnight mail during the Sweepstakes Period using the contact information provided at the time of entry. If a Canadian resident is selected as a potential winner, he/she must correctly answer a time based mathematical skill testing question administered during the aforementioned notification call to be eligible for a prize. Sponsors are not responsible if any potential winner notification is not received for any reason. If the potential winner is contacted and complies with these rules, he/she will be declared the official w inner. If, however, the attempted notification is not confirmed to Sponsors within three (3) days, or the potential winner does not comply with these rules, or declines any prize, Sponsors may select an alternate potential winner at random from among all correct entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. PRIZES: Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) Dell Inspirion Laptop.
5. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE/RELEASE: Prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption allowed except by Sponsors, who may substitute a Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize become unavailable. Federal, State, and local taxes on Prize is sole responsibility of Winners, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form (Winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding Prize winnings). Winner may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and a Publicity Release Form (except where prohibited by law) immediately following notification and receipt, or Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By accepting Prize, Winner consents to use of their name and likenesses for advertising purposes by Sponsors, but not the obligation to do so, without limitation and without additional authorization, remuneration, and compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting Prize, Winner further agrees to release SharpChip, Inc. and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Sweepstakes Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Winners’ participation in this Sweepstakes, or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize or participation in Prize-related activities. By accepting Prize, Winners further acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to Prize or to any portion thereof, including, but not limited to, their quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and with the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Winner hereby releases and agrees to hold the Sweepstakes Parties (defined above) harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any Prize, entrants/Prize winner agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these official rules. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with the Sweepstakes will be prosecuted and will not be eligible for any Prize. Any depiction of any Prize is for illustrative purposes only.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incorrectly addressed or incomplete on-line entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or on-line entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunctions(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or at a Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering the Sweepstakes or downloading any material for the Sweepstakes, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, of winning any Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsors representatives. Entrants who violate these official rules or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors, the Sweepstakes or any other entrants (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. WINNERS: For Winner’s name, available after August 22, 2008, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received no later than (February 22, 2009) to SharpChip, Inc., 444 NE Ravenna Blvd #200B, Seattle, WA, 98115.