6 New Year’s Resolutions that will Change Your Small Business in 2018
It’s time to set next year’s goals and we want to make them some good ones. A big part of achieving great business resolutions is knowing how to set big, important meaningful goals that can have a big impact on your business and the owner’s life. For many owners this is one of the first stumbling blocks to setting goals. How do I know what will have impact? Well, might I suggest for 2018, here are six of the most impactful goals you can set for your business.
- I will gain a feeling of freedom from my business. I will build a plan that does not settle for being overworked and underpaid, and instead allows me time off, the flexibility I need for my hours and anything else that helps release the shackles from my business. This may mean I need to hire more help, or install more systems to get the business more self-running.
- I will know my numbers. There is no faster way to save unnecessary toil and labor than to know my numbers, and navigate my business to success by fine tuning all of the elements it needs to get me there. No more will I shoot in the dark making changes and working hard at solutions that have little or no impact, and instead I will know my numbers to predict outcomes before making laborious changes.
- I will innovate a better customer experience. I realize that running a cleaning business in this modern time is very competitive and customers have a ton of choices, many of which are far cheaper than my service. I will focus on creating a unique customer experience that adds more value, and people will be willing to pay more for.
- I will hyper-focus on my people. I understand that in a service business I am only as good as my people. Finding the gems is difficult and expensive. By focusing on my people I can create an environment that is truly better than others and will attract and retain the best team.
- I will get and stay in a strategic mindset. I can see that in a competitive environment the only way to stay at the top of the heap instead of trampled on the ground fighting over the scraps is to think very strategically, and not follow the pack. Ordinary businesses barely survive, and strategic businesses thrive. I will create an environment, build a team of skilled people, and possibly connect with an advisor that will keep me strategic, and not get me off track by the noise of too many generic opinions not focused on my strategy.
- I will become a better leader. Improving my communication skills, motivation skills, planning skills organization skills and other leadership skills will not only lead my company to success, but also develop my own career skills that are some of the most marketable now and in future years.
Whether you set these 6 goals, or you pick different ones for yourself, all Goals should be set using the SMART Method, S-Specific, M-Measurable, A-Attainable, R-Relevant, and T-Timebound. Take what every goals you choose, make them SMART, write them down and get started on a great 2018!
Launch 2018 in a Fabulous Resort